Do you have trouble figuring out what muscles should be worked in each pose? Are you stiff when you first step onto your mat, maybe from lingering injuries or just day-to-day living? Sore from other activities like running, biking, weight lifting or sitting at a desk?
If you said yes to any of these then this workshop is for you!
We’ll start with a discussion about dynamic motion before breaking down a series of movements as a warm-up. Once ready, we’ll move through a slow class implementing dynamic motion into standing poses as well as floor stretching.
Benefits of this workshop include:
• How to properly warm up a joint before actively calling upon the muscles, tendons or ligaments
• Feeling the difference between passive and active range of motion
• Dynamic motion as a way to improve a static asana practice
• Learning the difference between using flexibility vs strength in a pose
• Moving energy towards and away from stiffness to balance between effort and ease
Sunday | 1:15–3:45 pm
YogaWorks Mill Valley, 650 E. Blithedale Ave., Suite J